Getsafe is reinventing insurance. The insurtech startup from Heidelberg is creating technology to make insurance simple, transparent, and fair: With just a few clicks, customers can learn about, buy, and manage insurance conveniently on their smartphone. Getsafe sees itself as a technology company that is active in the insurance sector - not the other way around. Together with renowned partners such as Munich Re and leading venture capital investors, Getsafe is bringing the concept of multi-line insurance into the digital age in a consumer-friendly way.
You are passionate about software development and familiar with Ruby on Rails? Do words like TDD, Git, DevOps and PostgreSQL fire a flame in you heart and you want to climb on a steep career ladder to be a Senior Developer? Then Getsafe has something to offer to you! Under the careful guidance of experienced developers you will master your skills by supporting our backend infrastructure! In tight cooperation with Marketing, Product and Design you will ship new features that affect thousands of customers. Join our supportive, open to innovations and friendly environment!
- Implementing new features on ongoing basis
- Continue to refine and improve the technical environment and the architecture to scale with the needs of our business
- Working together with Marketing and Product to define and implement their requirements
- Working together with a Design team to create the best user experience in the market
- Hands-on experience with Ruby on Rails or similar projects
- Knowledge of standard web technologies (HTTP, client/server model, REST)
- Experience with SQL databases
- You are willing to learn how to build a test-covered and well-documented API
- Understanding of Microservice architecture
- Disciplined approach to automated testing and quality assurance
- You have good communication skills and are able to self-organize your work
- An eye for good design and accessibility will be a big plus
- Free choice of IDE and OS
- You thrive in a highly collaborative and fast-paced work environment with crazy-smart colleagues, where hierarchies do not matter but passion and drive do
- Enjoy open communication and transparency within departments
- Your own area of responsibility, with space to develop your own ideas
- Support in relocation, work permit, other administrative issues and free German classes if needed
- An open, modern loft office 5 minutes from the central station
- We offer you a job ticket, a free parking as well as free drinks, coffee, fresh fruit and snacks
Did we catch your attention? Let us know why you are the right candidate for this position! We are looking forward to receiving your resume and a brief motivation letter (including your potential start date) in English or German.
Your contact at Getsafe is: Catherine Schabert (firstname.lastname@example.org).