Exercise 2, Problem 4

Moderator: Computer Vision

Stumpf.Alex
Nerd
Nerd
Exercise 2, Problem 4

Beitrag von Stumpf.Alex »

Hello,

Is there a litte mistake in the task description?
...you can sample from each of the six directions independently. ...
I just understand the full task, that we should generate six random samples for six faces from our given dirstribution and we should consider 20 bases, alright? So we have to draw for each sample from 20 (and not 6) directions or have i understood the task wrong?

greetings

qgao

Re: Exercise 2, Problem 4

Beitrag von qgao »

Stumpf.Alex hat geschrieben:Hello,

I just understand the full task, that we should generate six random samples for six faces from our given dirstribution and we should consider 20 bases, alright? So we have to draw for each sample from 20 (and not 6) directions or have i understood the task wrong?
Sorry, this is a typo error. Your understanding is correct!

I will send an email to everyone. Thank you very much.

engee
Neuling
Neuling

Beitrag von engee »

Hi,
The covariance matrix that we are calculating is 8064x8064. I am running into memory problem if I try to do an SVD on the matrix. Are we supposed to work with the covariance matrix for this problem the image matrix itself as with the last problem?
Thanks

qgao

Beitrag von qgao »

engee hat geschrieben:Hi,
The covariance matrix that we are calculating is 8064x8064. I am running into memory problem if I try to do an SVD on the matrix. Are we supposed to work with the covariance matrix for this problem the image matrix itself as with the last problem?
Thanks
You do not have to compute the whole covariance matrix, but use "economy model" of svd function as in problem 3.

In the slides of 5th class, you might find something helpful.

Antworten

Zurück zu „Computer Vision“