About the exam & lectures

Moderator: Concepts and Technologies for DS and BDP

amwolf
Neuling
Neuling

About the exam & lectures

Beitrag von amwolf »

Hi,

I'm confused about the way that the exam this semester related to the lectures/ exercises. Most of the theory part is related to the papers but hadn't asked much in the exam. It said the "knowledge" covered by this lecture is more "deep" than last year, but the slides/exercise/teaching didn't change much comparing with previous ones.

I don't think it's sufficient to prepare the exam by slides& exercises& papers. If you're asking questions that never mentioned before, at least you can give some hints about in which direction to work with, I wasted lots of time looking at the theory part and was having no clues about whether the programming tasks in the exam would be similar to what I had in the exercises. (E.g. for the last "preparation" slide, it mentioned only the theory part.)

Also I assume we had no survey about the lecture/ exercises. Are there anyone having similar complains? Maybe we can group up and then give a more reasonable report, feel free to contact me.

salvaneschi

Re: About the exam & lectures

Beitrag von salvaneschi »

> Most of the theory part is related to the papers but hadn't asked much in the exam. It said the "knowledge" covered by this > lecture is more "deep" than last year, but the slides/exercise/teaching didn't change much comparing with previous ones.

Actually, in the exam, there are 4 questions that are taken from the papers (but discussed in the slides as well).

>I don't think it's sufficient to prepare the exam by slides& exercises& papers. If you're asking questions that never mentioned before,

Of course, questions are not mentioned before. Should we publish the questions in advance?

> at least you can give some hints about in which direction to work with, I wasted lots of time looking at the theory part and was having no clues about whether the programming tasks in the exam would be similar to what I had in the exercises.

I did for the whole course and, specifically, in the last lecture. Did you attend it?

> (E.g. for the last "preparation" slide, it mentioned only the theory part.)

No. It mentions theory, exercises, and papers. Please have a look at the second slide here:
http://stg-tud.github.io/ctbd/2017/CTBD ... ration.pdf

>Also I assume we had no survey about the lecture/ exercises. Are there anyone having similar complains? Maybe we can >group up and then give a more reasonable report, feel free to contact me.

Antworten

Zurück zu „Archiv“