Mini Project Organisation

Moderator: Secure Software Development

dnezn
Neuling
Neuling

Mini Project Organisation

Beitrag von dnezn » 21. Nov 2015 00:54

Hello Organizer/s,

In today's(20/11/2015) lecture information about mini project and research activity was instructed.
The organisation of mini project is quite different from what was instructed in the first lecture.
It was said that for the mini project we need to pick one from two choices(also given in course summary) but today its been instructed that we need to select a open source project and give a proposal for that(and no assistance will be given from teaching end). Giving a proposal could suit for the research project(30%) but not for the mini project(20%).
Also in the lecture on 30/10/2015,Lab 1 was replaced by Lab1R and there was a statement that the knowledge of that lab would help us in the project(But that doesn't serve any direct help as of now).
Kindly look into this and provide two choices for the mini project.
As a further note I suggest there should be assistance for the research project.

bharathi
Neuling
Neuling

Re: Mini Project Organisation

Beitrag von bharathi » 21. Nov 2015 13:48

Yes could be considered
Zuletzt geändert von bharathi am 22. Nov 2015 00:05, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

md99koby
Neuling
Neuling

Beitrag von md99koby » 21. Nov 2015 15:50

There is a deviation from what was instructed to us in the initial classes and course summary. As a student I have allocated my time for the subject according to the initial proposal but the workload is getting increased. This is heavy for a 3CP subject, if there will be no change from the organization then the credit points of the subject could be increased.

lbenothmane
Erstie
Erstie

Beitrag von lbenothmane » 23. Nov 2015 11:58

Hello,

The goal of the mini-project is to perform a security analysis of an existing software; thus you learn how to identify pitfalls in existing software. In the first lecture I spcified that you have two options. The options are either perform a (1) security code analysis or perform a (1) security penetration testing--next lecture will be about penetration testing. We gave you the freedom to choose an open source software that you want to work on. The project proposals is to ensure that your choice is within the course context and the scope is good enough for the learning goals.

I hope this helps.
Lotfi

prometheous
Neuling
Neuling

Beitrag von prometheous » 25. Nov 2015 12:03

Hi,

I want to get clarification regarding project and research activity.

1. Mini project is 30 % and research activity is 20 % right ?
2. Is the research activity is about just writing a report for a specific course topic ?
3. Mini project includes a report and implementation, is it right ?

Best regards

lbenothmane
Erstie
Erstie

Beitrag von lbenothmane » 26. Nov 2015 16:42

1. Mini project is 30 % and research activity is 20 % right ?

> Mini project is 20 % and research activity is 30 % (Lecture 1, Slide 22)

2. Is the research activity is about just writing a report for a specific course topic ?

> The reserach activity is about investigating (in a team) a reserach question related to one of the topics of the course. You should send me a short research proposal by Dec 11. You may perform the work (if the proposal is accepted) and report the results in a report that you shall submit by March 20, 2016.

3. Mini project includes a report and implementation, is it right ?

> The mini-project is about assessing (in a team) the security of an opensource software of your choice. You should send me a short proposal by Dec 4. You may perform the work (if the proposal is accepted) and report the results in a report that you shall submit by March 1, 2016.

Antworten

Zurück zu „Secure Software Development (SecDev)“