Assignment 7: Moving Mark and Sweep

MrGumby
Mausschubser
Mausschubser

Assignment 7: Moving Mark and Sweep

Beitrag von MrGumby » 17. Dez 2016 12:33

Hi there,

am I allowed to further change the method signatures?
(Further as in "the stack is not only passed to mark, but also to sweep".)

Ragnar
Mausschubser
Mausschubser

Re: Assignment 7: Moving Mark and Sweep

Beitrag von Ragnar » 17. Dez 2016 12:52

The methods should all already be changed so that the necessary data structures are available.
Usually we are very explicit if we want you to change something, and changing signatures otherwise may lead to non working tests, and is also more often than not an indication, that you did not read the tasks carefully :-)

MrGumby
Mausschubser
Mausschubser

Beitrag von MrGumby » 17. Dez 2016 13:01

Hm, and can I add variables to the MovingMarkAndSweepStore-class. Somewhere I have to save the movements in the store...

Ragnar
Mausschubser
Mausschubser

Beitrag von Ragnar » 17. Dez 2016 13:12

As the task description states, you are supposed to update the `sweep` method. Please do not change the signature, and also do not add more state to the memory (there is already more than we would like).
However, there is no reason for you not to use some helper functions which are called by sweep.

MrGumby
Mausschubser
Mausschubser

Beitrag von MrGumby » 17. Dez 2016 16:01

Ok, though I have to say that it is not clearly stated what we are allowed/supposed to change here in the task description. But thank you for clarifying.

PS: Will there be a task over the winter pause? It would be awesome if there wasn't ;-) These tasks are getting increasingly complex and it would be nice having a pause for some time...

Talaron
Mausschubser
Mausschubser

Beitrag von Talaron » 18. Dez 2016 21:49

MrGumby hat geschrieben:Will there be a task over the winter pause? It would be awesome if there wasn't ;-) These tasks are getting increasingly complex and it would be nice having a pause for some time...
Rest is for the dead! :wink: The next assignment will be just one big task that is quite a bit of coding work, but not overly complex, and had a very high average grade last year. I'm sure you could get it done before the Christmas break even starts if you just give it a try. :)

Antworten

Zurück zu „Archiv“