Assignment 02 - Weblab Question

franzose
BASIC-Programmierer
BASIC-Programmierer

Assignment 02 - Weblab Question

Beitrag von franzose »

Hello,

I have a question regarding the very last part of Assignment 02 (Multiple Arguments). So far I have implemented a solution that is able to compile without errors, and further when running the own test I get 5/5 as passed score.

However, when I run the specification test, I get the following output:
test [Truncated...]
So as far as I understand it, this is not yet due to a semantic error in my implementation (since it does not even tell me something like "score 10/15 passed tests"), but it already fails when trying to compile my code. I cannot really figure out how this can happen, as when running the first known test suite there are no compiler errors risen but everythings seems to run perfectly.

Therefore I am asking myself whether the problem is caused by an implementation error in the second hidden test suite. Any suggestions on how to solve this issue would really be appreciated (or at least some hints on how to find my bugs when the error output is not saying very much) :-)

Dennis Albrecht
Sonntagsinformatiker
Sonntagsinformatiker

Re: Assignment 02 - Weblab Question

Beitrag von Dennis Albrecht »

As I did the task, the tests worked fine, so my first idea would be, that the specification test can't compile against your implementation and hence you did something wrong. But I can't think of some kind of wrong code such that the public tests work but the specification tests doesn't. Strange!?!

But this can also be some kind of "temporary" bug (and WebLab is according to my experiences full of them), meaning that the problem perhaps magically disappears if you just try it again (Save&Compile your code again and then run the tests again).

Greets Dennis

Eichhorn
Windoof-User
Windoof-User

Beitrag von Eichhorn »

See /viewtopic.php?f=300&t=30384 for the solution to your problem. :)

franzose
BASIC-Programmierer
BASIC-Programmierer

Beitrag von franzose »

Eichhorn hat geschrieben:See /viewtopic.php?f=300&t=30384 for the solution to your problem. :)
Good catch, indeed that was the issue which could help me solving this problem .... thanks a lot :D

Antworten

Zurück zu „Archiv“