Notation of linearization

sbechtel
Mausschubser
Mausschubser

Notation of linearization

Beitrag von sbechtel »

Dear all!

I struggle with the notation of the linearization in Scala. As it was explicitely required in the exam from last year that we have to use this notation, it would be nice if someone could bring light into the dark.

What is the type of Lin(C)? Is it a set or is it a list. What is input and output of the (curly) >> operation? It should be defined on the type of Lin and should produce the same type. But if it is a set, why is {a, {b,c}}={a,b,c}? Is the comma an overloaded notation or what?

And when does one use ( ) and when { }, c.f. slides where {a,A} >> B = a, (A >> B) for a not in B is stated...

Further in the example of the notation given in the old exam there are probably several mistakes regarding the use of brackets...

In the review of the mid-term exam there was a similar notation used but not exactly the ones suggested in the lecture slides or the old exam...

Best, Sebastian

majidazimi
Erstie
Erstie

Re: Notation of linearization

Beitrag von majidazimi »

I'm sure that question was designed to waste student's time in exam. there is no reason for doing it. :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x Most of the time I do it in my head without writing something.

andiderp
Erstie
Erstie

Beitrag von andiderp »

There is a way easier algorithm than this one. I find it really frustrating that we are forced to do a specific way which takes more time and is more complicated.

kasraq
Neuling
Neuling

Beitrag von kasraq »

I agree that its too time consuming! If the examiner needs a proof that we know how to linearise, then its better to ask to write each linearisation separately than writing with this notion. Its just wasting of time. I hope this semester the examiner do not force us to write with this notation.

Antworten

Zurück zu „Archiv“