Panorama creation

Moderator: Computer Vision

hymGo
Sonntagsinformatiker
Sonntagsinformatiker

Panorama creation

Beitrag von hymGo » 15. Jul 2013 15:35

Hi,
the task says "The rest part of the panorama image should be reconstructed from transformed a4p3b.png.". I wanted to ask what we are aspected to do (to get all points ^^) ?
It is sufficient to implement a simple method which copies the transformend image into the panorama (so that it looks nice/ok). Or should we implement a more complex method, e.g. finding the closest interest points of both parts and use them to determine how to copy the image into the panorama.

lustiz
Mausschubser
Mausschubser

Re: Panorama creation

Beitrag von lustiz » 15. Jul 2013 15:56

hymGo hat geschrieben:Hi,
the task says "The rest part of the panorama image should be reconstructed from transformed a4p3b.png.". I wanted to ask what we are aspected to do (to get all points ^^) ?
It is sufficient to implement a simple method which copies the transformend image into the panorama (so that it looks nice/ok). Or should we implement a more complex method, e.g. finding the closest interest points of both parts and use them to determine how to copy the image into the panorama.
I guess the result should look similar to given picture in the assignment sheet. So you copy the left part (1:300) but you interpolate the right part (301:end).

Notschko
Windoof-User
Windoof-User

Beitrag von Notschko » 16. Jul 2013 13:58

How do I know where to cut the the transformed right image? After displaying only the first 300px of the left image, there is sill a little overlapping between the left and the transformed right image. I already tried to calculate the distance between two correspondence-points but this isn't matching good enough.

Any other ideas of putting those images together?

Thanks
Notschko

hymGo
Sonntagsinformatiker
Sonntagsinformatiker

Beitrag von hymGo » 16. Jul 2013 14:20

Notschko hat geschrieben: Any other ideas of putting those images together?
For me it's the same. I have no clue :D And I do not find any ressources that provide my some kind of clue.

I tried template matching (but the images are just too large) and I used a variant were I calculated some kind of bounding box (using the NaN's). It is also not sufficient to take some indexes that are working well (derived by testing), since the homography is not always the same. Moreover, the size of the resulting/transformed image varies with the homography (so it could be out of bounds). I can enfore a image size, but I don't know which I should enforce (especially for the height).

lustiz
Mausschubser
Mausschubser

Beitrag von lustiz » 16. Jul 2013 16:05

What do you guys mean by small gap? How small exactly? I assume it's normal that the resulting stitch is not always 'perfect' down to epsilon.. does it kinda look like this?
Dateianhänge
stitch.jpg
stitch.jpg (33.96 KiB) 1738 mal betrachtet

hymGo
Sonntagsinformatiker
Sonntagsinformatiker

Beitrag von hymGo » 17. Jul 2013 15:20

Hmm... I think the problem occurs because of my transformed image. It is probably wrong :D (see here: viewtopic.php?f=290&t=28497). Don't know if its just the size or the whole procedure. I think I have to spend sime time on it again ^^

Notschko
Windoof-User
Windoof-User

Beitrag von Notschko » 17. Jul 2013 15:29

After I transformed my right image with the homography, I'm getting the picture you see below. It is the complete image just being transformed, while your picture is cropped and shifted to the right side. By the way, for transforming the picture I used the function "imtransform" that applies the transformation directly to the image. Next I have to figure out how to move and crop the picture to match the left image.

Is your first picture the img_right right after you transformed it? Do you apply the transformation directly to the image?

Thanks for your help.
Dateianhänge
img2.jpg
Image directly after transformation
img2.jpg (66.81 KiB) 1684 mal betrachtet

lustiz
Mausschubser
Mausschubser

Beitrag von lustiz » 17. Jul 2013 17:06

Notschko hat geschrieben:Is your first picture the img_right right after you transformed it? Do you apply the transformation directly to the image?
Yes, it is the right image after transformation obtained by using interp2 together with the transformed coordinates. There is no cropping step involved in creating this transformed image.

Notschko
Windoof-User
Windoof-User

Beitrag von Notschko » 17. Jul 2013 21:38

Alright, finally solved the problem. You don't have to apply the homography directly to the image. The function "imtransform" was my problem. After applying the homography to the coordinates of the image and remap the transformed coordinates to the values of the image, everything worked perfectly.

Thanks again
Notschko

Antworten

Zurück zu „Computer Vision“