Ex03 First tick

Moderatoren: pmueller, SE - Design and Construction

5seconds
Endlosschleifenbastler
Endlosschleifenbastler

Ex03 First tick

Beitrag von 5seconds »

Hi,

what should be the time value at the first tick? If the first value of the time signal (e.g. now) is the startDate, at the first tick (and thus for the first analysis) the current time value would already jump to the second date, so the first date would be ignored. Is it okay to ignore the startDate or should it also be handled? If not, what should be the time signal value before the first tick - the day before startDate?

pmueller

Re: Ex03 First tick

Beitrag von pmueller »

Hi,

the time value at the first tick will be the date after the date with which the clock is initialized, i.e. 2000-01-02 if the clock is intialized with 2000-01-01.

Best,
Patrick

5seconds
Endlosschleifenbastler
Endlosschleifenbastler

Beitrag von 5seconds »

Thanks, that made it clear for me!

labataschö
Windoof-User
Windoof-User

Beitrag von labataschö »

Other question on the first tick: Should we wait one second before firing the first tick or should we directly fire the tick and then wait for a second?
(I'm a bit cautious because in the previous exercises such small implementation differences from the sample solution made a few tests fail on my solution.)

VSchü
Windoof-User
Windoof-User

Beitrag von VSchü »

The scheduling is already implemented, so I would say we have no influence on that and dont need to worry about the details. Just make the step function emmit the event.

Antworten

Zurück zu „Software Engineering - Design and Construction“